Monday, November 29, 2010

Survival

Survival
The most natural human instinct
If you say "I don't want to survive"
They lock you up
You are a danger to yourself
I know this first hand

But why?
Why why why survive?
According to dogbert, we are organic pain collectors hurtling twards oblivion
Excercize and eat right?
You're only prolonging the inevitable
Death is nothing more than extinguishing a resource burning flame

But perhaps there is a reason why
If there is no God maybe you are a part of the whole
Purpose is in helping others
Succeeding as a team
Performing your role
Lenin would agree
It's selfish to quit.
Pretend life is a highschool volleyball game

If there is a God, maybe you're a part of His plan
Maybe he has big dreams for you
Maybe you're never alone

Either way I think survival makes sense
Death is the ultimate irreversible test
I told Bob this once, it was for the best
Though I still believe the end of life is rest

Justin Lehtonen
Worldwide Facilities Inc

2 comments: