Thursday, November 11, 2010

I also yell out loud in public now

And not just when it's expected
Like at a football game
This poem was lame from the start
Can it be saved?
No
So I'll just enter random thoughts
My wife is nice
You guys should be so lucky
We ran around the neighborhood with the dog
I was barefoot
She was giggling

We sat on the porch talking
And relaxing
Guy in a white van drive up, honking
Blasting megaphone
Something to the effect of
"Come get your hot tamales"
I screamed at the top of my lungs
"Megweigh, mammanama mamheih"
Which was what his spanish sounded like

When I went back to Columbus
The feel, the encouragement
People saying "justin go back to how you used to be. Do whatever you want. Ignore the rules"
I said, "this is real life now"
And I have people to please
And duties to discharge
And objectives to meet

But I still yell out loud in public (sometimes)
If anything, just to expel the lethargy from my lungs
Just to imagine the freedom of youth

The matrix has you, Neo

Justin Lehtonen
Worldwide Facilities Inc

1 comment: