Saturday, November 27, 2010

Poetry as a tool

I'll share this to sort out the thoughts
I won't vent or journal, I'll share

the hour has arrived to stop

Stop is a negative word
Let's be positive

the hour has arrived to overcome

This is not what you think
Not what you think I mean
Actually, it is exactly exactly

You know what's on my plate
You know the lack of faith and empty optimism I carry
You know the skin picking problem, aka perfect excuse to be boring

You know what road I am on and you assume, as I assume
That nothing will change

It won't happen overnight
It won't happen tonight
It will happen from this moment becoming the next moment
This brain becoming tomorrow's brain

Until I've finally put it behind me
Far far behind
I don't want to see it, hear it
In fact, let's pretend it is gone

Moving forward
Looking forward
Distrusting the past

1 comment: