Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Playoffs

Go team!
Score, jump, jockey, fight!
Noooooooo, don't do that team!!
Bad team! Unacceptable decision, team!

Yes, we're winning!
WE are winning. It is us. Me plus my team. My team plus my tortilla chips and beer.

My team plus chips, beer and couch...plus my friend's beer and his half-enthusiastic comments.

Me plus all the years I've wasted in front of this god-damn screen watching these mother-fucking LOSERS.

Pardon the French darling. I'm sorry.
You know how I get when my team is on.
You know my team needs me to watch them so that ?????????????????????? and we win the championship

You know it is my chaotic existence and my uncontrolled superstition that have led me to believe that I can control something I can't.

I dare not tell anyone about my superstition, but it is growing. My habits are settling in, and I am comforted in the surrender of control.

I don't mind wasting my life and emotions. I enjoy this.


No comments:

Post a Comment