Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Fabric of Days

C as in Carrot
P as in Parrot
At what point does it all stop making sense?

I as in "Do I amuse you?"
As in Joe Peschi as in Goodfellas

Tech support as in: both parties are annoyed

South Park and Family guy as in : haha, eh, ha, eh, sigh
Me as in: I can sense the spectrum of human emotion even if I don't always live it

Who cares about me? Who cares that I am a world champion in No-Gi Jiu Jitsu
That my biceps smell like popcorn when I am urinating

That I enjoy scratching my head with a sharpened pencil

It's not that complicated
Eat, money, socialize, sleep, repeat

3 comments:

  1. I thank jared for the complements, but honestly, I don't think of myself as the better poet, or the talented poet. I write because I like expressing myself and like reading when you guys write poems.

    I am not a poet prodigy, but I enjoy poetry, and I think you guys do too

    ReplyDelete
  2. michael. brilliant!
    i read Jared's comment and your comment...
    and I echo Jared's. I feel like i never know at all where your poem is going to go, yet i feel like i understand human existence BETTER when I have read your poem.

    i like:
    Tech support as in: both parties are annoyed

    South Park and Family guy as in : haha, eh, ha, eh, sigh

    i've experienced both.
    you da man, mike

    Stephen

    ReplyDelete