Thursday, May 6, 2010

Need to Know

I need to know it's gonna work out
I need to know I will find my Gladiator heaven

At some point
Not now, haha
Not funny, I know

Eventually!
One day!

I am looking to the future, we all do it
Slap on another hope sticker

But as I age, I become tired of being unrealistic
I refuse to lie to myself
I have chosen to fight the optimism bias

Slow and steady.
Not in sports, but surely in life
We are Aesop's animals carrying on the torch
Bullets wizzing past our heads, our mission is to push the marker as far as we can
Before we die

Meanwhile, the Rocky soundtrack fades in and out, and the green pastures glow in the distance

I remain pessimistic, but realistic.

Pushing all the bullshit aside
There is a samurai within me
A warrior waiting for his sword.
Sensing the enemy, anticipating the sunrise.

Fighting for freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment