Thursday, September 23, 2010

whata?

Here, it's come: impossibility of the interaction situation
  Devastation shall commence in silence, a frozen glance
    Frozen in memory like a trance
Fuck! I don't want to deal
  Don't want to do another repeat of this whole fucking spiel
    I never signed a contract for this shit--
“These three words here ten times a day
  “Sound earnest! Act like you love the show!
    “Really grow into the character till you can't tell”--
Tell what? That I used to have a penis and a mote of courage?
  That I wouldn't take all this social nonsense?
    Bow down to the God of taboo and peer influence?
Write a fucking memoir in my will to my kid?
  “Enjoy life while it lasts son... it's just a blast!”
    Yeah that's rich. Condense 50 years to a 10-word axiom.
So what is this just a rant profuse with profane
  Stuff? Did I say enough, too much? I'll refrain
    Restrain, sit back and let the world drain and drain
I'll behave, institutionalize my brain and obey,
  Knock off another 40-hour hallucination, delusion
    Fast-paced American confusion--

    Always thinking that the meaningless is Real
      Always hoping that the meaningful is just a Dream
        And assured beyond a shadow of a doubt that
          Dreams
            Are
              Never
                Real

2 comments:

  1. Great addition, Dan! The "I'll refrain, restrain, sit back and let the word drain and drain / I'll behave, institutionalize my brain and obey..." part really rocked me. Thanks for contributing man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah... suppose to be "world" though... w/e

    ReplyDelete