Sunday, September 26, 2010

It is Hellaciously Hot in My Apartment

Sweat glistening mist on my flowing leg hair
Sticky soda stains in my mouth and lips
Naked now, and still dripping sticky sweat
Smells of dirt and taco trash fermenting
Los Angeles September Afternoon Heat

I must destroy all heat producing electronics I possess
Laptop, toaster oven, TV,
The fans I set up are blowing hot air in from the windows
So September, Is this your best shot?

Force me back to the suburbs from whence I came
With AC and backyard pools and every house the same
A peaceful life if climate controlled safety
Blissful golf and tennis
Big green yards (with real, growing grass)

But I want you, September.
I melt in you with 18 million other Angelinos
This is a place to greet the world and melt
And become a real individual man
And make my own name

But it is REALLY hot in my apartment!

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate your honesty and understand what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i happened to see you right after the"Sticky soda stains in my mouth and lips" part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DONT GO TO THE SUBURBS....the suburbs are no man's land...it has to be city or country.

    suburbs=materialism=wasted life

    ReplyDelete