Sunday, November 29, 2009

FIXATION ON FREEDOM

One time, and it's now

I have been a loser

BUT NOW I'M READY FOR THE PAIN

This quest for greatness is now a quest for pain, for failure, for embarrassment....

To be ready for the quest is to be ready to die....and I am.

It's this man's time

To take his feather mattress and nutrition labels and Adidas sneakers and grow up

So here comes that feeling, that doubt filled with a rush of YES WE CAN

and that disturbing knowledge that burning your bridges is the only way

MY FAVORITE WAY

The confidence doesn't always pan out

But the desire never dies

Your dream is not a dream....it's everything

Is it worth just living?...just breathing?...just observing?...just being?

Of course it is!

But how much better is it to create, enact, change and overcome?

Meet the people and challenges and hopes and fantastic experiences reserved exclusively for a select few people that don't mind a little danger

Take your crazy mind and run towards failure.

I will be traveling the path of most resistance because there's less traffic.

I will get there before I die

2 comments:

  1. beautiful. the path of most resistance is the only one worth taking. don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is a little cheesy a la Robert Frost

    "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler...Long I Stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth"

    ReplyDelete