Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Clouds

Well, the clouds are coming

They've been hovering (or brooding) in the East all week but now they're here

They're right over there, so I guess we'll need to do something about it

Cover the motorcycles with a blue tarp

Go upstairs and make sure all the windows are closed

Make sure all the kids are accounted for

Lightning

It's time for a reckoning

This storm will leave me lifeless or make me a king

Here it comes

It's pouring now and the shutters are slamming against the house in the wind

Sky is dark gray

Swirling leaves and battering wind - the house quivers

Driving rain pummels the windows

And then it's gone

Birds Chirping

Cheep Cheep - Cheep Cheep

Fresh sun peering out and healing

The clouds have drifted to the west

And my family and I

We're still here - safe, unscathed. Relieved.

Not any better or worse off than before.

But appreciating the life that we have, and the house that kept us safe

Bring on the next round of clouds! My fear is gone.





3 comments: