Saturday, October 8, 2011

Call me an old-fashioned guy, but....

I can spot a knock off with my eyes closed

I can smell a salesman a mile away

And you can too...

so for the sake of saving time, let's cut to the quick.

I am in the business of writing poetry that assists me in gathering my thoughts and encouraging myself to pursue my ambitions.

Some write because they like the art of it and they wish to please the audience. I keep the audience in mind, but the poetry is for me. And maybe I'll get a shloob from Justin every time (I think its Justin), but I welcome it. I hope you write, "this poem sucked" and I respond, "suck a dick" and I bet life will go on.

I have met some of the most sensitive, fragile people... and it disgusts me how much they care about really stupid shit.

People think they've seen it all. But they've only seen television. People think they are veterans at the game of life, but they've always lived in one place. People think they've faced adversity, but they haven't.

Adversity is real pain. Adversity is lasting pain. Adversity does not entail acceptance, it entails surviving intact. Finding your feet again after the brute force of life knocks you on your ass.

I have tasted adversity. I have witnessed adversity. I have seen that it leaves a mark as deep as it wishes. Sometimes adversity leaves us in a coma, and sometimes it leaves us dead.

Love seems to be this focus of so many. Everyone wants the acceptance and companionship of another person. Everyone seems so desperate to sacrifice so many of their liberties for a friend they can have sex with.

But I don't know love, and my criticism is often unwelcome, and my poetry is just my train of thoughts, and my life is a story of .......(to be continued)

1 comment: