Sunday, September 18, 2011

Perspective

I am the whole world; within me dwells the lesser:
He who seeks but does not find,
He who questions and receives no answers,
He who attempts to change but cannot,
He who is futile in his solidarity,
He who is equally futile in community,
He who rages at the wrong,
He who preaches of the right,
He who pities himself,
Who pities others,
Who defines,
Who ceases to define,
Who mocks,
Who trembles,
Who falls,
Rises
Talks
Silences
Achieves meaning
Only to admit vanity
I the lesser dwell
As do others and no differently.

But

I am the whole world
From within, there I look out, upon myself,
I encompass, I transcend, I expand beyond infinity,
God could not contain me, the lives of billions
Could not surpass me, time could not define me,
Causality itself could not dictate me.

I flow asynchronously,
I wax indefinitely,
I grow unconditionally,
I play as a child

3 comments:

  1. I really dig this. Maybe I'm reading my own despair into it, but it strikes a chord. A feeling of simultaneous, infinite meaningfulness and meaninglessness. A despair, a fall, a rising again, a hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last line caught me off guard. If you believe what you wrote (the part at the end) I am with you. There is something magical about socially conscious humans that frees us up to do anything.

    Why 'could not' as opposed to 'cannot'??

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jared
    very much simultaneous meaningfulness/meaninglessness...

    @Michael
    I certainly do so believe...
    The "could not" as opposed to "cannot" was I suppose as if it were assuming to be "could not conceivably"

    ReplyDelete