Thursday, September 15, 2011

Im not writing this for facebook

I have an idea
It involves my ego and the opinions of others

I hate other people because they don't see things the way I do
But I am stuck conforming to the broken minds of other people

My idea is that I become selfish like everyone else
That way I can dive head first into this backwards society

Why the sudden change of heart?

I suppose it has all finally clicked and now I can see the light.

I can see now why politics is a career
I can see why actors are our most celebrated individuals
I can finally see why people are idiots:

It is because they try so desperately to protect their fragile egoes
by judging others and misjudging themselves

If there is one true skill that we all possess, it is our ability to distract ourselves from the inadequacies of our lives. Our ability to have conversations that always flow perpendicular to what is really important. Our ability to think we are great at something that we probably suck balls at.

Life is not easy, nor do I think it should be. But all the compliments, the fluffy pillows, and the feel good movies have done nothing to improve the quality of MY life.

What is lacking in my life?

Hard work. Deep, honest relationships. And sound self-confidence.

The ego is everything. Everyday I straighten up my shrine. I burn a candle and place chocolates to placate the ego gods.

Yet everything that I will pursue in my life has been done already. I am just another cluster of carbon with unoriginal, selfish desires.

And as I write this and confront the meaningless of my pursuits.... I am forced to probe my ego to discover what makes me better than 7 billion people.

nothing makes me better.

But nothing makes them better either.


1 comment: