Monday, May 2, 2011

the urgency

the urgency is not in words
but words can facilitate the process and words can inspire the first steps of action

I have embarassed myself before, and daniel day-lewis has perhaps embarassed himself too
Embarassment is okay: knowing this I can disengage the breaks that are unconciously pressed at every turn.

Life is short, there is no eternity in my religion.

Mistakes are part of the terrain, but failure...Failure is really not an option. I will not always have my way, but allowing myself to give up, accepting that I am not capable, uttering the words "it's hard" or "really hard", even questioning why life must be as it is... None are options.

The facts are that life IS not easy, the facts are that I am my own worst enemy at the moment, the facts are that I give up too easy, I complain too loudly, I worry too easily and I doubt too often.

I will not continue to live as I have and I will not become complacent. Complacency is the devil and weakness is not in my vocabulary. I am daniel day-lewis.

I need to step up my game now and it starts where it began: California

1 comment: