Sunday, May 22, 2011

Small steps

I have a headache
I feel it in the top of my brain and it emanates and recedes with each pulse of blood

The headache speaks to me loudly.
It tells me I suck, I cant win, I am diseased and unwanted
These pulses of pain and relief come and go all the time
And these thoughts are beginning to wear on my mind

Some people laugh harder at parties
Maybe I am not a happy person and I need to learn how to let go

I think I need to stop trying to put the world on my shoulders and accept that I can only deal with what´s in front of me.

I can win small battles
I can chew small chunks
Tomorrow this headache will have never happened and I will be back where I started
But maybe tomorrow I´ll stop shooting for the moon and start climbing that mountain.



1 comment:

  1. Word. You have an incredible knack for honestly capturing immense details, like "Some people laugh harder at parties" - speaks volumes. Mountain climbing sounds good

    ReplyDelete