Friday, January 28, 2011

A long way to go

I have such a distance to travel
And so many distractions waiting for me
I have an ego that needs taming
.....WAIT WAIT
it's me. It's Michael Herold. Dreams of grandure.
Don't stop michael. Don't stop trying, don't stop thinking
I am proud of me and who me be.
I am proud to know the city of Los Angeles
Proud to know Mathew Joseph Herold since he was a wee lad
Proud to return to Europe in 2012 and proud of where I am

This galactic journey is and will always be a journey of ME.
And for you it is a journey of ME all the same
What an awesome journey
What a fantastic voyage

My 12th grade AP english teacher kept using the word "cliche"
Fuck that word. I am cliche till I die and proud to be cliche, whatever, fuck you Ms. Rosenbotthom
I left your class and I am better for it
Better off the way I am. Proud to be me.
But still open to the possibility that I am wrong in this.

1 comment:

  1. that's right, fuck that english teacher man

    just kidding

    I've been thinking about egotism lately since I'm pretty similar, very egotistical. I don't think egotism is wrong like a lot of people do, but I also think it can become an impediment to progress at times. I find that I constantly have to consciously balance my introversion with action, otherwise I'd never do anything.

    anyway... just what came to mind

    ReplyDelete