Tuesday, January 25, 2011

fog

Running steady, fast,
sweat bothers me
not as much these days
it dries
cool air runs over my
arms
i see 10 feet
barely
uphill

multiple other places i could be at this moment:
europe, on a porch, by candle, drinking a hefeweizen, with friends
rocky mountains, under a cold dark star sky
at my grandparents- staying up late talking with Mema, my mom, my dad
on the road
in Austin, endless opportunities, good food, thinking people
watching soccer
playing soccer
on the road
in Israel
in a movie theater

but i'm here,
running uphill
in ambiguity.

do i want to escape
am i an escapist?

no.

i want this. cold, fast, hard, sweat, run, i mean business, i am human, i will do something for the first time today, i have never done this before, i don't know the result but i'm willing to try, so help me God,

i keep running

1 comment: