Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Moments of Resolve in the Night, Dissolving

Whew!
It's been another long day.
You know, in the grind, plugging away.
A long day of talking, of the internet, of music.
A day long on day but short on work.
Which is what I was supposed to do and should have done.

Oh, it's just a fluke.
Tomorrow, I'll change!
Tomorrow, I'll focus!
Tomorrow, I'll work!

I'll block out my hours.
Wake up before eleven.
Not take a shower.
Work until seven.
I can do it. It's in me to do it.
I'm that guy who did it back then, remember?

Oh, wait. Oh, uh, whoops.
It's seven.
Time to eat.
Time to play.
Time to drink.
I can't possibly work in the remains of the day
Because it's too short to do any good work.

I'll wait until tomorrow.

The lights are off, but I stayed up too late.
I'll sleep in tomorrow
Since I can't be losing sleep over this.
That determination comes over me.
In the dark, I'm all-powerful.
I have the willpower.
I can be strong.
From now on, I'll be different.
I'll do it, just like old times.

I'll block out my hours.
Wake up before eleven.
Hit the snooze button.
And sleep until seven.

Luckily it's too late to do any work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment